Remove Stargate for 1.8? now hear me out!
Don't feel bad, people come and go all the time. I'm sorry that you were disappointed to see jobs and stargates added, would you like to elaborate on how they've changed the experience so much? I would like to make a couple counter-points to those two plugins as well.

Stargates used to be in DC3 and were removed when hMod failed, so they aren't really anything new. It's just an easier way to stay connected and provide fast-travel, a feature that all MMOs have. A player still has to travel a ways out to place the portal, so the distance is still being traversed, more or less.

Jobs is new and will be one of the main ways to gain money, but isn't required to play. The money, REM, will be playing a larger role in automating player cuboid creation and expansion, providing a use for shops, and as a reward for completing events. When the kinks are worked out, it will be effortless for a usual player to make REM to fund his or her town growth and possibly a shop, as well as paying other players for work done emptying a chunk or building something.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Remove Stargate for 1.8? now hear me out! - by Lostuser - 06-03-2014, 12:37 PM