Poll: What do you think?
Hell yeah - Fire all the way!
Hell yeah - Water all the way!
Hell yeah - Air all the way!
Hell yeah - Earth all the way!
No thanks
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
1.9 - New Map & New Spawn
(02-24-2016, 08:34 AM)warbull Wrote: ok this will change dreamcraft from what I been playing , so I guess more info is need , will I be able to play as I do now or force to fellow a core leader? , can I not pick a side or change side? , will this be pvp on the whole map? ,how you going to make this fair between the core? if everybody go's fire then what the point of 4 core,   is there anyway you can run both map? Confused

You're fine, if this acts like the old Dreamcraft, it will not be extremely unbalanced, depending on what you do, certain corps would obviously be better to choose, no this doesn't add PvP throughout the whole map. It probably won't be added right away as they would be working to balance it. Not everyone will go fire I can assure of this by my person experience with corps. Though one side might have more players than the others, it won't get to the point were everyone is in one corp.
(02-24-2016, 08:34 AM)warbull Wrote: ok this will change dreamcraft from what I been playing , so I guess more info is need , will I be able to play as I do now or force to fellow a core leader? , can I not pick a side or change side? , will this be pvp on the whole map? ,how you going to make this fair between the core? if everybody go's fire then what the point of 4 core,   is there anyway you can run both map? Confused

The way it was implemented on DC4 and DC5, was that there were 4 player-run Corps that each had their capital based around their respective element. As I was (and am) the Fire Corps bigshot, the decision was made to build the Fire city in a desert, with plenty of lava usage, as anyone who ever visited New Draconia's lava streets will agree Tongue.

The other Corps generally built cities befitting their element.
[Image: 0689b0b869.jpg]
First staff period: January 2011 - May 12, 2012

Re-Promoted to Apprentice on September 9, 2016
Re-Promoted to Moderator on October 12, 2016

Corps is still very much unconfirmed so don't hold your collective breaths Wink .
can we bring anything from this map to the new map , and how about keeping are skill level like fishing ,swords, ect ?
(02-25-2016, 01:52 PM)warbull Wrote: can we bring anything from this map to the new map , and how about keeping are skill level like fishing ,swords, ect ?

Resources, builds etc tend to be wiped with a new map. I'm not sure what the policy is regarding McMMO, but given the fact that everyone starts with an even playing field with every new map, I'm putting my money on 'reset' with a new map.

Of course, it's all speculation at this point until we have an official staff post on the subject soon™.
[Image: 0689b0b869.jpg]
First staff period: January 2011 - May 12, 2012

Re-Promoted to Apprentice on September 9, 2016
Re-Promoted to Moderator on October 12, 2016

Personally I must say one thing, bringing a community together is hard. A community of younger kids is even harder to bring together because some of them don't know how to work within such confines.
What gives me a right to say this? I was 11 years old when I joined Dreamcraft. I had never played any game where you "work together" and "build up" people. In fact, I had only played a paintball FPS and some childish games.
When I joined DC I was on a temp-map or something. I had no clue what was going on, my friend was living in a tower full of trees, and things were coated in magical spells.
I was confused.

What made me come back to Dreamcraft afterward was not DC itself (for I could not understand it), but my singleplayer experience. I went to my Nana's house and had no wifi. I built a city - alone - made of dirt and gravel with no friends against a world I didn't understand. I felt lonely and wanted some friends to help me understand the new realm I was in.

Take away my understanding of community gaming now, put me on a server, and I am the same 11 year old kid again.

The Corps for me weren't just a way to organize, but a way to "grow up".
Sure I enjoyed a land plot at the price of almost nothing loaned to me by a lumberjack, but I eventually learned how to do things for myself.
I would learn to trade and be effective from said lumberjack. He would teach me to give to others even though you couldn't get much back.
I would learn from the mayor of the Earth Corps capital how to follow rules and what happens when I don't obey them.
I would benefit from roads, streets, public facilities, farms, and neighbors that all helped me learn how to play.
These are only some of the lessons, and now I consider myself to be a good community player. Heck, I feel out of place in Kill On Sight games because of how DC brought me up.

The Corps may have been broken, flawed, or even useless to players like Jess who knew what they were doing. However they benefit new players like me who could not see the darkness behind the outer workings. All I saw was a chance to grow up in a city with real people that could teach me morals and proper behavior.

Am I taking this game too seriously? Maybe, but that's what community players taught me.
I took their rules seriously and developed connections to people who still hold a place in my heart. I learned how to not be "noob".
Most of all I learned how to build, I watched master builders go by day after day. Fortresses, frigates, spiraling towers, ornate furniture - I felt like a farmer looking up at Versailles.
"I may not be that incredible, but I dream to be."

Look at what I can do now. I can build castles, palaces, ships, decorations, whole cities...I can even carve broken rivers into pristine trade routes.
I may have a certain pride in the Corps, and yet this is warranted. After all, it did shape me.

The new young players need the Corps to bring them up as proper members of our community before they grow up to be rifle wielding gamers playing the next installment of Grand Theft Auto.

Think of the children *laughs* But no, really. The Corps are more than you ever imagined. Trust me on this, if Corps had never been implemented when I first joined. You would be talking to a very different type of gamer.

Mull it over Smile I promise adding them will have long term effects that will make DC feel like old times again.
Love is the key to all of creation.
(02-25-2016, 01:52 PM)warbull Wrote: can we bring anything from this map to the new map , and how about keeping are skill level like fishing ,swords, ect ?

The McMMO skills will be reset on dc10, so everyone will start at the same point
I think we need something other than Corps though, as much as I like them. In this we need to find a balance between the harsh gameplay that older players like and the child nurturing community DC is right now.
Love is the key to all of creation.
Corps have been discussed ad nauseam internally - to the point where seeing the word makes me feel unwell - and I can confirm they won't be taking an official place in DC10. Apologies to those this news disappoints. In place of corps, we're hoping to develop after launch a system which makes cities and co-operation more worth it and interesting, as opposed to a grind-y waste of time.
(03-07-2016, 12:19 AM)Oz-bar11 Wrote: Corps have been discussed ad nauseam internally - to the point where seeing the word makes me feel unwell - and I can confirm they won't be taking an official place in DC10. Apologies to those this news disappoints. In place of corps, we're hoping to develop after launch a system which makes cities and co-operation more worth it and interesting, as opposed to a grind-y waste of time.

Can't be disappointed at all. It doesn't have to be corps - something that does what you mentioned is all I've ever personally wanted.