Three years of DreamCraft
July 16 marked my third year on DreamCraft. 6 days and three years ago, I joined a Skype call with Darkathenes and Trogdortro. They were playing on a public server named DreamCraft. I thought to myself, "A public server? Those huge crowded servers with massive spawns and spam-filled chats? I don't know if I want to play on one of those.." However, since these were and have been my close friends for a long time, I decided to give it a try. I went to the forums and created an account, then spent 10+ minutes trying my best to create a whitelist request with the proper format. I wish I could remember which staff member accepted me, but alas that is lost to history. I created a city with Darka and Trog, originally named Stonewall but later renamed to The Fiefdom of Wyntertide, and over the course of the map it gained prestige as a Tier 4 City. I also can't forget to mention the massive mob apocalypse event at the DC5 spawn near the end of the map. DC6 rolled around and Trog was no longer a regular MC player, but Darka and I founded another city by the name of New Venice, many good times were had and the rest is history. In 2014 I became part of the DC staff and continue to hop on from time to time, so if you see me in-game, say hi Smile

These three years on DreamCraft have been great, thanks to everyone for making it so much fun.

Below is an album consisting of a series of random screenshots from dreamcraft that I took over the years. Feel free to check it out and if you see yourself in it, feel free to leave a comment Tongue

http://imgur.com/a/iU9ub
- Darkstar

Joined Dream)Craft July 16 2012
Promoted to Expert on January 4th 2014
Promoted to Moderator on January 29th 2014
Promoted to Super-Moderator on May 7th 2016
It was definitely fun times back then. Minecraft was still pretty young and everything was so new and exciting. Tons of friendly and fun faces too. My time on Dreamcraft has had a hand in shaping my life's story, and I don't regret any time spent on it.

The feeling I get from minecraft has definitely dwindled over the past couple years. The magic of the game has died a bit to me. Even though minecraft isn't what it once was, Dreamcraft still definitely is. I'm glad to still have this server to come back to and see active and evolving. This place is my blocky, digital home away from home, and I'm always happy to see what it once was, what it is, and what it will become.

Thanks Darkstar for the pics and the reminder Smile
Heh, some good nostalgia in there, old names that aren't around anymore :/ .
*Comes around* Heh, I miss those towns, super good times.

Some of those pictures were of Eperney, a town one tier away from being top notch. -punny-
I feel so old, sitting here reminiscing about the "Golden Days".

Here is my chart, it is a little foggy because so much has happened:
Joined Dream)Craft on December 1st 2010
  Survived the Temp Map Apocalypse of 2011 with Trogdortro
    Joined the Earth Corps in 2011
     Became a mayor in 2012
      Joined Ravine City in 2013
       Created Eperney in 2013
        Formed the Wynter Survival server off Dream)Craft's community model in 2014
         Joined Dream)Craft again and started New Venice in 2014
          Wynter Survival shuts down on March 7th of 2015
            Quits Minecraft a successful server owner...for now...
              Rejoins Dream)Craft on November 16th 2015 and founds Runwull
               Forms the Dark Corps on November 19th 2015 in the Corps Revival Project
Greystone!
(11-22-2015, 06:00 PM)Antoeknee Wrote: Greystone!

Ikr! I miss him. (Darkatheneor was my sub acct when this acct was locked).
Love is the key to all of creation.
Yep, well missed days.

I recently came back to Dreamcraft and I don't see many of the familiar faces from way back when I joined, bit sad but it's still fun.
[Image: ImperialKnight.gif]

Click my signature to add me on Steam.

- Formerly known as Icee2199.
(12-22-2015, 04:26 PM)Imperial Knight Wrote: Yep, well missed days.

I recently came back to Dreamcraft and I don't see many of the familiar faces from way back when I joined, bit sad but it's still fun.

Mhm, I've also noticed a lot of the older faces have gone, having had a 1 year break from minecraft! Good to see a lot of the older mods still on though!
you guys starting to make me feel old on dreamcraft. i started to play on this server back when minecarts didnt even work. right before the Halloween update
[Image: 3725588866.png]
(12-28-2015, 06:59 PM)Darkzero413 Wrote: you guys starting to make me feel old on dreamcraft. i started to play on this server back when minecarts didnt even work. right before the Halloween update

OMG dark you're so old Tongue nah kidding Wink