Updates - 9/1/15
The nether has been reset with a new seed and now has PvP nether-wide.
-A small area around spawn's nether portal (in the nether) will be protected.
-When you enter the nether, take some time to read the rules board there!

Updated the Jobs plugin.
-Type /jobs gtop to see the top levels regardless of job.

Added the GriefPrevention plugin, only using the pvp and chat aspects, NOT the land claiming.
-Can only log in once every 30 seconds.
-Death messages from a specific player only show once every 2 minutes.
-Spam blocker will ban offenders. If you feel you were wrongly banned for spam, please post an appeal on the forums.

-THE FOLLOWING PVP RELATED BULLETS ARE FOR NETHER PVP AND THE FEW PVP ARENAS IN THE OVERWORLD.
-Players with no items cannot be harmed by PvP means.
-When hit with PvP damage, players are put into combat mode for 15 seconds(since last PvP damage).
-While in combat mode, items cannot be dropped.
-While in combat mode, logging out kills the player.
-While in combat mode, the commands /home and /spawn are blocked.

-Known issue: The auto-help for "how do I claim land" leads to the wrong land claiming videos(for our server).
-Known issue: While IP addresses are blocked by the spamblocker, URLs are not (i.e. dreamcraft.org isn't blocked but 123.4.567.8 is).
-Known issue: When a player respawns, the text makes it seem like there is PvP in the overworld. To be clear, PvP is only in the nether, as well as a few PvP arenas in the overworld.
what do u mean by pvp update? can we kill people without a cuboid with pvp on????
TROLLOLLPLOLLPLOL
(09-02-2015, 05:29 AM)JAYTHEBOSS Wrote: what do u mean by pvp update? can we kill people without a cuboid with pvp on????

Well technically the "global" cuboid it set to pvp... but for simplicity, yes it means you can kill people in the nether without a cuboid set up.
"As I pull my blade from your corpse, I will be sure to remember your name. Rest easy, knowing you were able to contend with a true Assassin."
(09-02-2015, 05:29 AM)JAYTHEBOSS Wrote: what do u mean by pvp update? can we kill people without a cuboid with pvp on????

This explains the pvp changes to the Nether:

(09-02-2015, 04:22 AM)Lostuser Wrote: The nether has been reset with a new seed and now has PvP nether-wide.
-A small area around spawn's nether portal (in the nether) will be protected.
-When you enter the nether, take some time to read the rules board there!

This explains how PvP works while in a PvP zone:

(09-02-2015, 04:22 AM)Lostuser Wrote: -Players with no items cannot be harmed by PvP means.
-When hit with PvP damage, players are put into combat mode for 15 seconds(since last PvP damage).
-While in combat mode, items cannot be dropped.
-While in combat mode, logging out kills the player.
-While in combat mode, the commands /home and /spawn are blocked.

To be completely clear: The overworld has not changed. PvP is only global in the Nether.