Staff Organization
Not my fish to fry, but I have had some experience with the IT/HR/PR departments, and I dont think its a great idea. Having someone to head IT efforts is good, and having someone to head Public Relations (maintain voting sites, events) etc is also a good idea, but I think HR is not a great idea to have a single head of, or a specific department. Echoic is a very good friend, if I may call him that, and I do not mean to step on his foot, but I think HR should be approached from a FULL staff perspective. Having a single person, or select group of staff handle each other can get personal and a bit ugly. (Yes, I have some personal experience with the goods and bads)

Once again, I apologize if this is not my place to say this, but I think it is in the best interest that you think this through well.

Thanks!
=============================
Head of the Elliathe Project
=============================
A Veteran DreamCraft Player
freakyautumn
There's been a lot of thought going into the entire process, and we are currently working on limited resources. I understand your concern. If an issue occurs, then everybody involved should talk it out. Sometimes this involves everyone, sometimes it doesn't. HR is in place as a first line of defense, so to speak, in staff-on-staff or member-on-staff conflicts. If that doesn't work, then admins are sworn to uphold an unbiased opinion. This may work or may not, but in a situation where administration can't quite be overthrown, then this will have to be the way we do things.

As I said, we are working on limited resources. DC staff isn't quite as....staffed as I would like. After the first wave of advertising, we will be looking for more members to fill our ranks. Until then, we got what we got, and I trust all staff members to handle their own. That's not saying that you should as well. If you have any complaints about a specific member you can message Echoic(currently the only person in HR) or me(since admins are technically part of all divisions).
Also, I won't be making decisions by myself, I'll be talking to the admin(s) and other smods about any major decision that needs to be smod+, and bring up most other problems to the entirety of staff. Smile