New laptop I'm looking at
So I've been saving up for a while now, and decided to spend it on a new computer for gaming. I've been looking around for a few days, and this is what I found:

The Toshiba Satellite S55-A5276

The specs are all listed on the website, and I also found the same model on newegg.com for $30 less than the MSRP.

It's right in my budget range, and the specs are just about perfect for my needs. The only things I'm a little unsure about are the i7 processor, as that's a tad bit overpowered for the 740M GPU, and Windows 8, as is typical for any Windows enthusiast.

Any advice as to this purchase?
If I was getting it, that 500gb drive would be a limiter - gets used up really quickly! Also, the battery is non-replaceable, if that bothers you.
I don't think the disk space should be too much of a problem. My laptop only has 320gb and it hasn't filled up over the 2 years I've had it. Plus if it becomes a serious problem you can get a pretty sizable external hard drive for pretty cheap. I got a 500gb one for $50.
- Darkstar

Joined Dream)Craft July 16 2012
Promoted to Expert on January 4th 2014
Promoted to Moderator on January 29th 2014
Promoted to Super-Moderator on May 7th 2016
(09-28-2013, 11:22 AM)Darkstear1592 Wrote: I don't think the disk space should be too much of a problem. My laptop only has 320gb and it hasn't filled up over the 2 years I've had it. Plus if it becomes a serious problem you can get a pretty sizable external hard drive for pretty cheap. I got a 500gb one for $50.

Anyone know of a good gaming laptop for less than $500?
(07-05-2017, 03:49 AM)Steiner Wrote:
(09-28-2013, 11:22 AM)Darkstear1592 Wrote: I don't think the disk space should be too much of a x30  problem. My laptop only has 320gb and it hasn't filled up over the 2 years I've had it. Plus i list can you buy phentermine over the counter if it becomes a serious problem you can a pretty sizable external hard drive for pretty cheap. I got a 500gb one for $50.

Anyone know of a good gaming laptop for less than $500?

You won't get a new good gaming laptop for less than $500. However, you can try eBay for a used one.